Are you ready to “H.A.M. It Up For Hunger!” – September is Hunger Action Month!
September is here and that means the beginning of Hunger Action Month, a time to bring everyone together to fight food insecurity in America.
In support of our valued partner Feeding Tampa Bay, Trinity Cafe’s “H.A.M. It Up For Hunger!” will help bring awareness to hunger here in Tampa Bay, while serving meals to our hungry neighbors. On this special month, we invite you to join us and “H.A.M. It Up For Hunger!”
Here are a few things that we will make September a special month at Trinity Cafe locations:
– On spontaneous days during the month, when you show up to volunteer, fun pig snouts will be given to you to wear and take pictures to share socially, so you can show everyone that you’re out here to “H.A.M. It Up For Hunger” with us. Tag us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and now Snapchat too – @TrinityCafeTB!
-Chef Benito will be whipping up the best ham inspired meals to celebrate the month and we’ll be certain to share is delicious recipes!
Here are just a few ways you can help us “H.A.M. It Up” this September:
– Wear an orange shirt to support the official color of Hunger Action Month, take a picture, share and tag us with the hash tags #HAMitup #hunger #dishingdignity.
– Organize a brown bag lunch at your work place. Donate the money you saved to Trinity Cafe. Every $2.50 provides a nutritious meal to a hungry neighbor.
– Make coffee at home during the month of September, donate the money you would have spent at the coffee shop to Trinity Cafe.
– Organize a food drive. Collect boxes of cereal or cans of tuna for Trinity Cafe. Any kind, any size, any amount. Drop off 2801 N. Nebraska Ave. Monday-Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
We’re excited for you to join us and “H.A.M. It Up” for Hunger!